16 November 2013

More than 36 embellishments ideas !

I wanted to write this post for a so long time ! So here it is :

More than 36 embellishments ideas

Not all of these embellishments are really innovative, but I hope that you will enjoy them.
I tried to add tutorial links when I could.

I photographied a closer look of my homemade embellishments and wrote a little description of them. I also added a list at the end of this post with additional links, so feel free to add yours !


Firstly : the flowers, a classic embellishment but so pretty !

scrapbooking homemade embellishments

1. Fabric flower "yo-yo" (tutorial here)+ flower stamped on patterned papers (fussy cut and layered).
2. Gathered ribbon flower (tutorial here) + bubble speech stamped on cork.
3. Fabric flower : tutorial here.
4. Tea bag folding flower : lots of tutorials here.
5. Quilling flower : tutorial here.
6. Paper fold flower : tutorial here.
7. Pinwheel : tutorial here.
8. Rosette : tutorial here.
9. Fabric flower : tutorial here.
 

Next, The paper embellishments :

scrapbooking homemade embellishments

1. Mated fussy cut dinosaurus from a pattterned paper + foam adhesive.
2. Paper bow : tutorial here.
3. Layered circles.
4. Stitched negative die.
5. Stitched dies.
6. Embellished die (hearts + tied buttons are my favorite !) .
7. Grid embellishments.
8. Banner.
9. Homemade mini envelope.


Then, the stamped embellishments :

scrapbooking homemade embellishments

1. Stamped dinosaurus + Glossy accent.
2. Colored stamped butterflies (with alcohol markers, but you can use watercolor pencils, Distress inks, anything !)
3. Stamped trees (green ink on kraft paper), with foam adhesive and stickles for the middle one.
4. Faux stamp (decorative scissors + inked edges + color inked stamps) + stamped flowers colored with alcohol markers.
5. White heat embossed stamp + foam adhesive (and a button).
6. Paper piecing.
7. White heat embossed label stamp on patterned paper + gathered stitched ribbon.
8. Little cluster of embellishments.
9. Another layered embellishments (die + stamp + button/brads etc = my favorite !)

 And finally, the other embellishments :

scrapbooking homemade embellishments

1. Metallic heat embossed scalloped die + faux leather label.
2. Faux leather (stamped on heated fun foam).
3. Shrink plastic.
4. Ribbon and twine bow + pins.
5. Sequins pockets.
6. Ribbon + tied button.
7. Washi tape feathers : tutorial here.
8. Counterfeited embellishments.
9. Mini clothespin covered by washi tape + label stamp.


Here is a quick tutorials about how to make your faux leather embellishments :

scrapbooking homemade embellishments

First, you need to ink your stamp (Stazon works great). Then heat some fun foam the both sides (I prefer to do it near an open window) and immediatly stamp. And voila !


Most of the time, anything looks better when layered/mated, with foam adhesive, with glossy accent/stickles, with brad/button/gem, with stitching, with unexpected colors (like colored, or stamped in white), or with different mediums (fabric, cork, glittered paper, vellum, shrink plastic, foam...).


Do you have great links to share, or maybe your own work ? Please, leave me a comment and I will be glad to add them !


Don't forget to check also this recent post with an homemade embellishments folder and lots of homemade PL cards :

http://isbahashome.blogspot.fr/2014/03/a-homemade-embellishments-folder_19.html




17 comments:

  1. What a great post! My homemade embellishments are much simpler, so thank you for some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed seeing this. I love to make my own embellishments, too. I am going to follow your blog. Also bookmarking your site so I can easily find it again. Thanks for all the good links and the little tutorial on giving the leather look to the fun foam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very creative. Thx for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great embellishment. Love the foam one !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are fabulous. Thank you for sharing them. I love the variety you show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant post - what gorgeous embellies and great tutorial links. Love the fauz leather stamping - I really must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! so many great ideas! thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic post! What great ideas. Definitely pinning this. Thanks for putting this together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous collection of ideas for embellishments. I love making my own so will definitely be having a go at some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool way to make faux leather! I am going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous and inspiring list! You are seriously talented!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you sooooo much for this!!! I am a new card maker and these are wonderful !! I'm not sure that I have even tried 5 of these... prob only a few.... Anyway, thank YOU!!
    New follower here!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of these as it will help me with my spending freeze. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I came over from Lain's LOAD 214 and what awesome ideas you have. I love them. How do you make washi tape feathers? They are so cute. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas and pretty pictures. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your ideas are great ! I keep them in mind for my next embellishements craft session.

    ReplyDelete