10 June 2014

A card and a layout inspired by a quick and easy starburst tutorial...


 http://scrapyourscraps.blogspot.fr/2014/06/3-ways-to-use-your-misting-spray.html


Today, On Scrap Your Scraps blog, June shares a great tutorial for a quick and easy starburst design!

I love starburst designs, but I didn't know this technique... My own technique was really time consuming, while June's tutorial is so quick and easy! I can see lots of starburst cards in my future... And my scraps boxes will love that.
Here is the card I made:

Card with a starburst design
Papers: Patterned papers by Basic Grey and cardstock by American Crafts - Tools: die by Quickutz, edge punch by EK Success and stamp by Stampin'Up - Other: machine sewing, vellum, ribbon and twine.

I thought it was such a great way to use scraps that I also decided to try it on a layout. 
I remembered a video tutorial from Melissa Philips for PapertreyInk that I've pinned some time ago, without taking time to watch it. But the starburst heart looked so pretty! I finally watched it, and it's about making cute pocket cards with starburst design.

For my layout, I chose a big star shape, and I used June's wonderful tutorial to build the starburst background (I didn't follow the sizes, I cut bigger various rectangles in half, without bothering about their sizes. I only ajusted the last triangle's size to fit my starburst).

 Edit: I made a video about how to make a big starburst shape:



I love the result!

Scrapbooking layout with a starburst design
Papers: Patterned papers by 3 bugs in a rug and cardstock by Bazzill, American Crafts and Kesiart - Tools: alphabet and stars dies by Quickutz, tab die by Kesiart and stars stencil by Kesiart - Other: machine sewing and handstitching, glittered paper (Artemio), vellum, stickles (Ranger), modeling paste and brads.


Don't forget to check Scrap Your Scraps blog for June's starburst tutorial, and more inspiration from the creative team!



7 comments:

  1. I will check out the tutorial.
    Wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects, I love a starburst design as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just returned after reading the tutorial.......I can't wait to use up some of my scraps! Your card is so pretty and I absolutely love your layout! Perfect 'star burst' Star. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful star ! Both of your projects are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome technique, and gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love your projects they are beautiful. That star is awesome, but I really love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous! I'm definitely going to pin that card!

    ReplyDelete